Thursday 10 November 2011

Money matters.....

I was spending upwards of $600 AUD on food a fortnight. Supermarket mainly, bit of stuff from the butcher and the local fruit and vegie shack. There has got to be a better way! right? I'm on a mission to improve my family's nutrition, and spend less. tough ask??

I have started my quest with the purchase of a KitchenAid mixer and a grain mill ( from www.skippygrainmills.com ). and the money i have saved in groceries since then has bought and or upgraded a load of new kitchen goodies.

I have found a company where i can get grains, seeds, spices, oils straight to my door and freight is very reasonable. i have big  local butcher where the bulk of the meat and fish is sourced and we go to our local markets on a Sunday for our fresh produce. Ive managed to get the grocery list down to; milk, cheese, cleaning, and personal hygiene. Our new MONTHLY total (including freight and delivery) is $600 AUD

I'm sure as time goes on (and less botched loaves of bread) this total will become smaller again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment