Thursday 8 December 2011

Britney's graduation cake!!

Orh-mah-gawd.....my biggest baby has finished primary school!!! eep!

A perfect time to celebrate, with a special occasion cake!

Now i will, big note myself a little here, i did the "proper" rainbow (well i had a go!!). seen many rainbow cakes, and every single one has neglected indigo. it bugs me....that is all.


The full Mr Roy G. Biv.

 Same basic pure white cake (white so best performance of food dye), and also white buttercream and fondant for maximum contrast.

I didn't get to many 'making of' pictures of this one, and the ones i do have, are on my freshly broken phone...... but here is the end product! 

Colour scheme in school colours :)


Not sure if the pictures depict the size of the cake well, or highlight the book binding feature!



Of course you will excuse the blanking out of the school name :)
 Britney tells me it was enjoyed by her whole class! Even the principal all the way down to the cleaner got a slice of my rainbow graduation cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment